PHYSIO @ HOME
Expert physiotherapy care in the comfort of your own home or health care facility!
The Physio Space is excited to be offering home based physiotherapy services starting in January 2021.
- One-on-one private care
- Customized treatments
- We come to your home or your facility
- Up front pricing covered by most health insurance providers
- Experienced, licensed and compassionate physiotherapists
Home based physiotherapy visits may be of great help to those with mobility problems or long term conditions that affect mobility.
Physiotherapy in the home can be especially helpful if people are having difficulty in day-to-day activities such as walking, climbing stairs or getting in and out of bed.
It is also great for those who have had a fall, suffer from balance problems or had a recent surgery.
Home-Based Physiotherapy Program
Our goals with offering home-based physiotherapy are to increase independence, teach self-management and promote empowerment to all of our community based clients.
We provide risk assessment and advice to make the home environment safer especially after a fall.
We offer ergonomic advice to make daily tasks easier to do.
We offer hands on treatment including massage, joint mobilizations as well as exercise prescription as part of our treatment plan.
Services we provide:
- Surgical rehabilitation (pre and post surgery)
- Post stroke rehabilitation
- Fall Prevention
- Mobility, balance and strengthening programs
Conditions we treat:
- Pre operative and post operative treatment of TKA, THA (total knee/hip arthroplasty) as well as TSA (total shoulder arthoplasty)
- Post surgery rehabilitation (fractures)
- Neck/Back pain
- Impaired mobility and balance disorders
- General deconditioning
- Orthopedic conditions
- Arthritic conditions
- Respiratory disorders
- Acute and Chronic pain
The Physio Space is now accepting appointments for in-home assessments and treatment. Contact us at 613-429-9000 or email us to speak to a physiotherapist about your current condition.
We are happy to serve the Navan, Orleans, Sarsfield, Vars and surrounding communities.
How do I book my home-based physiotherapy appointment?
Please call the clinic to book your initial assessment. You will not be able to book your home-based physiotherapy sessions online. Our receptionist will gladly set up an appointment time for you. Call us at 613-429-9000.
Are you home-based physiotherapy visits covered by OHIP?
Our home-based physiotherapy services are not covered by OHIP. However, they are covered by most extended health plans. Please check with your insurance provider regarding the amount of yearly coverage you have for physiotherapy services.
Do I need a MD referral for your home-based physiotherapy program?
We do not require a medical referral to see patients for physiotherapy services. However, certain insurance providers require a medical certificate or referral for reimbursement purposes. Please follow up with your insurance provider as to their specific policy of reimbursement.
How long is a visit?
Please set aside 1 hour for your initial assessment with your physiotherapist. Every follow up session will be 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
What is the cost of an in-home physiotherapy visit?
The cost for an in home assessment and treatment session is $120.00.
Who can access our in-home physiotherapy services?
Our in-home physiotherapy services are open to individuals of all age groups needing rehabilitative care whether it is due to an acute injury or long-standing problem.
- Seniors with mobility restrictions or limitations find benefit in this service since they difficulties leaving their homes. The home can also be assessed for hazards to prevent falls and decrease the risk of falls.
- People with neurological injuries such as those related to stroke or multiple sclerosis, can have a physiotherapy treatment in a comfortable environment to help promote in-home independence.
- Children can have physiotherapy sessions in a comfortable environment that can utilize familiar items as part of their treatment, such as toys and games.
- Many people discharged from the hospital with mobility limitations or who have too much pain to attend an outpatient clinic for physiotherapy services, often wait until their condition is more manageable before seeking outpatient rehabilitation services. The advantage of receiving earlier homecare physiotherapy treatment enhances the recovery process and translates to shorter recovery times.
- Anyone with an acute injury who would prefer to receive treatment in the comfort of his or her own home as opposed to an in clinic setting.
Who will be providing the physiotherapy home based services?
Licensed, experienced and compassionate physiotherapists from The Physio Space in Navan will provide all in-home rehabilitation services.
What COVID-19 precautions is the physiotherapist taking when entering my home? Are there any precautions I need to take?
If you are feeling unwell, please cancel your appointment! You will not be penalized for canceling your appointment due to illness. Your physiotherapist will be following current infection control guidelines for use of personal protective equipment while in your home. That means that your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask and shield when entering your home. You (client) will also be asked to sanitize your hands and wear a mask for the duration of your appointment. We also ask that all other individuals in the home wear a mask if there need to be someone in the same room as the physiotherapist. A COVID questionnaire will be sent to you prior to your appointment and you can expect your therapist to administer this questionnaire a second time prior to entering your home. Failure to pass the COVID-19 screening questionnaire will result in a rescheduling of your appointment.
What is your cancellation policy?
We require 48 hours notice for any appointment cancellation. Otherwise, a cancellation fee of $50 will be applied to your account. The cancellation fee will not be applied for reasons of illness and family emergencies. A simple call to our receptionist would be greatly appreciated.
What method of payments do you accept?
You will be asked to pay for your visit with cash, cheque, Visa or MasterCard. We DO NOT provide direct billing to insurance companies.
What areas of the city do you service?
We service Navan, Vars, Sarsfield, Orleans (east) and surrounding communities.