Announcement: May 30 2020
We have missed you so much and hope that you are well.
As the 2nd stage of the province’s reopening strategy moves forward, so can The Physio Space. Having said this, our clinic/treatment procedures will look a bit differently moving forward.
Here is the ‘coming into the clinic’ procedure:
At The Physio Space, we only see ASYMPTOMATIC for COVID-19 patients. It keeps us all safe.
Pre appointment: the morning of your appointment, please ask yourself…. Do I have any of the following?
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Diarrhea, upset stomach
- Runny and stuffy nose
- Extreme fatigue
- Have I been in contact with anyone COVID-19 positive or have I traveled in the past 14 days?
YOU ARE OK TO COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IF THAT CHECK LIST IS CLEAR.
As per the Ottawa Public Health recommendations, we ask that If your, or anyone you have been in close contact with are sick or have traveled anywhere within the last 14 days, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask to the clinic if you have one. A surgical mask or cloth mask is fine. This is MANDATORY! Your therapist will also be wearing a mask at all times.
- Please come no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- On arrival, your therapist will meet you at the entrance (of unit 330). We will provide you with hand sanitizer at that time. WE WILL SCREEN YOU AGAIN before you enter the clinic space. We will require you to sign your screening questionnaire once completed. This questionnaire will need to be filled out before every appointment.
- We will take you directly to a private treatment room. Please sit on the treatment bed. We are replacing all our cloth furniture with plastic ones so they can easily be disinfected after every point of contact.
- We will then proceed with your assessment and treatment.
We have allowed for extra time between client appointments to ensure that appropriate cleaning/disinfecting is done to all potential contact points.
Our goal is to have each patient leave before the next arrives in order to eliminate that point of contact for patients, and to keep everyone as safe as possible. We want to eliminate contact between patients and to minimize staff contact.
Please leave all coats and purses/bags in your vehicle or at home. You can simply bring in your method of payment with you.
One last little bit: payment. We will be providing contactless point of sale terminal for credit and debit payments. If your card needs to be swiped or inserted, your therapist will manually enter the cc numbers with your permission.
So that’s the drill!
Looking forward to seeing you at your next appointment. Please feel free to email your physiotherapist directly should you have any questions or concerns regarding our infection control policy and procedures.
Announcement: May 28 2020
We are excited to have received the news from the Ministry of Health that we can go ahead and slowly re-open our doors!
As of Monday June 8th, 2020, we will be re-introducing in-person physiotherapy care at The Physio Space.
We will be however opening with a limited schedule, as we want to keep yours and our physiotherapists health and safety a top priority.
Please be patient with us as we navigate these new changes and adjust to a new normal.
To our physiotherapy clients, this is what you should expect:
- Our physiotherapists will be calling you in the next week to discuss your appointment options moving forward.
- You will receive an email detailing all the measures that The Physio Space is taking to ensure proper screening and social distancing. You will also be made aware of the specific COVID-19 infection control policies and procedures that we have put in place to ensure that everyone stays safe.
Please feel free to contact us at 613-429-9000 or by email anytime should you want to discuss your care or should you have any questions regarding our re-opening plan.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!